Wellington After School Surfing Lessons
Wellington Surf Lessons will be running x2 six week after school programs over summer and the programs will take students from beginner through to Intermediate level.
During our lessons we strongly emphaises the importance of beach safety and teach the dangers of the ocean, rips, currents, tides and surf related skills.
Programs will run during the second or third week of the school term.
Who are the lessons for?
- Those that have never surfed before.
- Those kids that have had a few surfing lessons, attended some term and school holiday programs but are still learning
- Those kids that are catching broken waves on their softboard but are yet to progress to riding the unbroken wave.
- We teach the dangers of the ocean, rips, currents, tides and surf related skills.
- The Ocean Safety Talk
- Everything to know about surfing equipment
- How to stand and ride on a surfboard on the broken wave (Beginner level)
- How to ride across the unbroken wave and do basic turns (Intermediate level)
- We have a great range of brand new boards and wetsuits for students to choose from during the lessons
- Professional surfing photos of students taken on GoPro
- Special student certificates on completion of courses
- Fun surfing competition – 1st, 2nd and 3rd places winner certificates
- After surf BBQ and beach activities when the surf is smaller
Week 1 (Intro class)
Wed Oct 31st, 4-5:30pm
The intro class will take place during week 1 of the program. Students will then be able to sign up for the remaining x5 weeks of the after school surf program which will continue every Wednesday.
The program will run for x6 weeks every Wednesday from 4-5:30pm from Oct 31st – Dec 5th.
$40 per class or $240 for the 6 weeks.
To book please email us at [email protected]
Terms and Conditions:
Lessons will still run in the rain. If conditions are not suitable on the day, you will receive a text advising of a location change to another beach or a cancellation altogether.
In the case of a cancellation, a make-up class will be scheduled for the final week of the term.
PLEASE NOTE: Make- up classes can be taken on other days within the same term only. Make-up classes are non-transferrable for other Wellington Surf Lesson programs..