Kids After School Surfing in Wellington
Our After School Kids's Program is designed to help kids of all ages and skill levels learn to surf, improve their surfing skills and build more confidence in the ocean. Regular attendees will be able to track their improvement on a week-by-week and month-by-month basis.
- Perfect for kids aged 8-15 years old
- Kids School Program runs during terms 1 & 4.
- A great opportunity for kids to make new friends outside of school.
- x 1 hour 30 min classes after school every Tuesday or Thursday.
- Discounted lesson rate! - Lessons are $20 cheaper than booking a public group class!
- ALL equipment provided including wetsuits and surfboards (or bring your own)
- Group sizes are limited with a max 1:8 coach to surfer ratio with appropriate coaching, training and supervision given at all times
Please note: price includes 1 class per week for 4 weeks on either Tuesday or Thursday.
- Tuesday, 15, 22 Feb, 1, 8 Mar, 2022 (Sold Out)
- Thursday, 17, 24 Feb, 3, 10 Mar 2022 (Sold Out)
- Tuesday, 15, 22, 29 Mar, 5 April 2022 (Now open)
- Thursday, 17, 24, 31 Mar, 7 April 2022 (Now open)
Certificates given at the end of the 8 weeks!
Note: Booking can be done in groups of 4 weeks at a time, however we encourage kids to continue on with the program to round 2 to complete the full 8 week term in order to master their surfing!. All lessons are weekly progressive from round 1 through to round 2.
Tuesdays 4:30pm – 6pm (ages 8+)
Thursdays 4:30pm – 6pm (ages 8+)
(Surfers will be grouped by ages and ability within each session)
$249/ every 4 weeks
$249/ every 4 weeks
ALERT: Once a program has started you cannot book in online. Please call us at 0211764073 to join part program
- Beach awareness, understanding the wind and waves, oceans and tides and staying safe at the beach.
- Surfboard design and use, sea entry and correct surfboard handling.
- Catching waves with correct body and hand position, stopping your surfboard.
- Catching waves with paddling technique, learning the pop up to stand technique.
- Standing surfing position and riding a wave for as long as possible.
- Better paddling techniques for speed and efficiency.
- Getting out past breaking waves.
- Reading waves and understanding the different types of waves, what to catch, when to and why.
- Catching the unbroken wave.
- Timing & take offs.
- Frontside / backside turns and riding down the face of the wave
"If there is no surf and the weather is bad our surfskate classes will be the perfect backup option!"
Our Slide Surfskates have a special designed front truck that rotates, which allows the skateboard to move and respond just like a surfboard.
Slide Surfskates are being used by top surf schools in Australia and now at Wellington Surf Lessons to help students progress more effectively.
Surf skate training is a great way to improve your surfing techniques. You can practise manoeuvres over and over again and build up muscle memory during this process. Back in the water everything will click and slide in position.