- A super fun two hour group surf lesson with step by step instruction from qualified Surfing NZ instructors
- Extra warm 4/3 C-Skins wetsuit & high performance Vision soft-top surfboard to use during the lesson (Rental value $50 but no extra cost during class!)
- Learn all about beach safety and the safest spots to surf as beginner – build your confidence!
- Free Text/Surf Alerts to your mobile whenever the surf is up and we are running classes! (Enables you to take lessons or practise rentals anytime you choose!)
Meet at the car park outside the new Surf Life Saving Club (the big blue building). You should be able to spot all our surfboards on the footpath and our Surf Lesson Trailer.
78 Lyall Parade, Lyall Bay, Wellington 6022
Wellington, New Zealand
About the Group Classes:
Note: We recommend new students take at least x3 group classes before moving on to private lessons.
- Suitable for first-time surfers, beginners, or those wanting to refresh or refine techniques.
- Small groups usual ratio is 1 instructor to 8 surfers or less so you can expect some good one on one time in the water alongside the group instruction.
- Simple and effective coaching, tailored for your ability.
- Beach awareness, understanding the wind and waves, staying safe when surfing.
- Surfboard design and use, ocean entry, and correct surfboard handling.
- Catching waves with best practice body and hands position.
- Good paddling style and master the pop-up technique.
- Riding your surfboard in position/posture into the beach.
- Once your riding waves we will teach you how to accelerate and turn!
- Depending on what level you’re at we can also teach you getting out the back, positioning, wave selection, timing, and takeoffs, turning, and getting down the line (Intermediate level).
- An experience of a lifetime, riding waves… that’s us!
- A group photo is taken and available on Facebook on the same day.
- Ages 6+