JOIN THE TEAM
We offer a range of surf lessons at Lyall Bay, Kapiti Coast and Castlepoint and our staff are highly motivated, fun loving people who are passionate about coaching surfing. Some of our most popular classes include kids holiday programs, women's programs, surfskate classes and surf camps. We are also committed to supporting the local community by providing support for non-profit organisations and through our environmental initiatives learn more
We are currently looking for new surf instructors for the upcoming surf season, so don't miss out on this awesome opportunity!
Important: If you are looking to join our team and are not yet qualified you will need to sign up soon as spaces are
filling up fast!
Oct 29th-30th, ISA Level 1 Surf Instructor Course, Lyall Bay
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- A competent surfer and swimmer
- A passion for surfing and coaching
- Excellent relationship skills
- High energy and self motivated
- Inspire people around you
- Great communicator
- Always bring your A-game
- Love for helping people improve
- A team player
- Good time management and punctuality (A must!)
- Excellent work ethic
SURF INSTRUCTOR QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
Please note if you do not have the below qualifications you can attend a course we are organising with Surfing NZ for our upcoming coaches from Oct 29th-30th at Lyall Bay.
- Level 1 or 2 Surf Coaching Accreditation (ISA)
- Surf Rescue & First Aid Qualification
- Surf instructor experience
Trainee Surf Instructor
- Work will be available from Oct – April (We are a seasonal business)
- As a trainee surf instructor we can help you to get qualified.
- Approx 20-30 hours per week or join as a casual instructor with flexible hours
- Hours can be organised around your work schedule
- Surf Instructor training program & certification
- Helping to assist our surf instructors in delivering surf lessons
- Meeting and helping our guests
- Setting up surf equipment at beach
- Working with our students in the water to improve their surfing
- Giving everyone a great surfing experience
- Surfskate Classes (optional)
– Seasonal work available Oct – April.
– As an experienced instructor you will run the surf classes with the help of a trainee instructor
– Provide lessons at any of our Wellington locations
– Approximately 20-30 hours per week or join as a casual instructor with flexible hours
– International applications
– Must be qualified in level 1 or 2 ISA.
– Teaching a range of surf lessons, programs
– Organising surf equipment/set up
– Running safety briefing
– Surfskate Classes
HEAD OF OPERATIONS / INSTRUCTOR TRAINER
– Work available from October - April
– Approximately 30-40 hours per week (Flexible)
– Teach high quality surf lessons and train other instructors
- Help design effective training programs with us
– We will provide you with all necessary training to help manage the surf school
– Leading our team of instructors to be the best they can be
– Working alongside the owner of the business
– Running a number of programs including our public classes, kids holiday programs and women's programs.
– Ensuring the delivery of exceptional service to our customers
– The go-to person for our team and daily operations.
– Guest relations.
– Preparing rosters, training staff and performance reviews.
– Day-to-day team management.