Kids Summer Surf Program - Kicks Off January!
Bookings now open for January - February 2022 – Hurry spaces are limited!
(Earlybird discount ends soon!)
Wellington Surf Lessons offer an epic 2 day kids summer surf program each week of the school holidays in January. The weekly holiday program will cater for a range of abilities and ages.
This awesome holiday program will include surf stretch classes, surf lessons and surfskate classes and will be great chance for kids to make friends to surf and skate with over summer.
Overview Of Classes:
- Beach Safety Talk
- Surf Stretch Class
- Surf Classes (How to paddle for waves, pop up, stance, how to turn, green wave surfing and much more! - Beginner through to intermediate level training)
- Surf Skates Class (How to ride a surf-skate safely, stance, how to turn and simulate awesome surfing moves!)
- All equipment provided
- Small groups of x16 students per class with x2 instructors
- Qualified Surfing NZ Approved instructors
- Meet new friends to surf and skate with this summer
- Fun surf and skate photos of the kids
- Gain knowledge and skills which will last a life time#Upcoming Course Dates:
Upcoming Course Dates:
The program is available every week on Wednesday & Friday of the summer school holidays except for week 5 which will be on Mon & Wed.
- Week 1 Jan 5th, 7th 2022 (Sold Out!)
- Week 2 Jan 12th, 14th 2022 (Sold Out!)
- Week 3 Jan 19th, 21st 2022 (Sold Out!)
- Week 4 Jan 26th, 28th 2022 (Last spaces!)
- Week 5 Jan 31st, Feb 2nd 2022 (New Dates!)
Note students can book for week 1 then book in for more weeks if spaces are available.
"Our surf-skate boards have a rotating front truck which simulates the experience of surfing and helps to improve balance and turning!"
Every week of the summer school holiday on Wednesday and Friday from 9:30am-1:30pm
- $199.00 per week (Early-bird rate!)
Note: Once the early-bird rate ends the price will go back up to $220 per week.
Essential beach safety and surfing skills for all kids this ummer
Slide Surfskates are being used by top surf schools in Australia and now at Wellington Surf Lessons to help students progress more effectively.
Surf skate training is a great way to improve your surfing techniques. You can practise manoeuvres over and over again and build up muscle memory during this process. Back in the water everything will click and slide in position.
Our Slide Surfskates have a special designed front truck that rotates, which allows the skateboard to move and respond just like a surfboard.
“Both of our children have been doing surf lessons with Lisa for the past couple of months. Their progress has been amazing. We couldn’t be happier. Lisa is a fantastic coach who connects so easily with our kids. They absolutely love her. She has fostered a love of surfing in our children that will last them a lifetime. We are truly blessed to have found her and this wonderful school”
The girls loved their day surfing! We had a lot of positive feedback from the parents who stayed for the day and by the way the pics you sent to us are amazing and have been shared to all those who participated, and we’ve shared them to GirlGuidingNZ too. We also recommended you to the local Wellington leaders, so you may have some enquiries in the New Year.
Katrina Nielsen (Kelburn Brownies)