Wellington Surf Lessons offers a range of surf safety, surf education and surfboard riding programs all year round for students. All programs are tailored for the school and age of the participants.
During our lessons we strongly emphaises the importance of beach safety and teach the dangers of the ocean, rips, currents, tides and surf related skills.
All our instructors have trained with Surfing New Zealand (SNZ) which courses are accredited by the International Surfing Association (ISA) and recognised throughout the world. We also have a qualified life guard to assist in larger groups.
We teach at Lyall Bay, Titahi Bay, Otaki Beach and Castle Point. These beaches were chosen by Wellington Surf Lessons as they are the safest locations for surfing in the Wellington and Kapiti area, with Surf Life Saving Clubs directly in front of where we run the surf lessons.
Classes can range from 2 hour lessons or a one day course. We also have 1 hour courses for schools looking to book their students in weekly. Term bookings are usually one hour classes for an 8 – 10 week course.
Extras: After surf BBQ and beach volley ball.
Please read below the important links
- We teach the dangers of the ocean, rips, currents, tides and surf related skills.
- The Ocean Safety Talk
- Everything to know about the surfing equipment
- How to stand and ride on a surfboard
- Special student certificates on completion of courses
- Fun surfing competition - 1st, 2nd and 3rd places winner certificates
All surfing equipment such as boards, rash vests and wetsuits (if needed) are provided.
All our instructors have trained with Surfing New Zealand (SNZ) which courses are accredited by the International Surfing Association (ISA) and recognised throughout the world. They all have a Community Surfing Instructors Lifesaving Award and a certificate in First Aid. For larger groups we often have a qualified life guard available to assist during the surf sessions.
- Please send an email request to [email protected] with the dates, times, numbers and location of your booking. We also require a mobile number of the booking teacher to complete the booking.
- Once booked, you will receive a booking confirmation from [email protected] containing the dates, times, location and numbers of your booking. This email will also contain the following documentation
• Indemnity Form
• Wellington Surf lessons Risk Assessment Sheet
If you have not received either of the confirmation emails – please contact us as soon as possible on 021 176 4073– please contact us as soon as possible on 021 176 4073