Schools Safe Surfing Program
Wellington Surf Lessons offers a range of surf safety, surf education and surfboard riding programs all year round for students. All programs are tailored for the school and age of the participants.
During our lessons we strongly emphaises the importance of beach safety and teach the dangers of the ocean, rips, currents, tides and surf related skills.
All our instructors have trained with Surfing New Zealand (SNZ) which courses are accredited by the International Surfing Association (ISA) and recognised throughout the world. We also have a qualified life guard to assist in larger groups.
We teach at Lyall Bay, Titahi Bay, Otaki Beach and Castle Point. These beaches were chosen by Wellington Surf Lessons as they are the safest locations for surfing, with Surf Life Saving Clubs directly in front of where we run the surf lessons.
Classes can range from 2 hour lessons or a one day course.
- We teach the dangers of the ocean, rips, currents, tides and surf related skills.
- The Ocean Safety Talk
- Everything to know about surfing equipment
- How to stand and ride on a surfboard using proper techniques
- We have a great range of brand new boards and wetsuits for students to choose from during the lessons
- Special student certificates on completion of courses
- Fun surfing competition - 1st, 2nd and 3rd places winner certificates
All surfing equipment such as boards and wetsuits are provided.
List Of Schools We Have Taught:
St Marks College
Upper Hutt College
"On behalf of Kapiti College, we would like to thank the team at Wellington Surf Lessons for giving our college kids an amazing surf experience over the last three days. Everyone enjoyed the lessons immensely and we were amazed to see every student successfully surfing within the first day. They captured some great photos on GoPro and also gave out some very nice looking certificates at the end to the event. I highly recommend you book your school with Wellington Surf Lessons".
Jacob Wiringi (Kapiti College)
Please read below the important links
All our instructors have trained with Surfing New Zealand (SNZ) which courses are accredited by the International Surfing Association (ISA) and recognised throughout the world. They all have a Community Surfing Instructors Lifesaving Award and a certificate in First Aid. For larger groups we often have a qualified life guard available to assist during the surf sessions.
- Please send an email request to [email protected] with the dates, times, numbers and location of your booking. We also require a mobile number of the booking teacher to complete the booking.
- Once booked, you will receive a booking confirmation from [email protected] containing the dates, times, location and numbers of your booking. This email will also contain the following documentation
• Indemnity Form
• Wellington Surf lessons Risk Assessment Sheet
If you have not received either of the confirmation emails – please contact us as soon as possible on 021 176 4073